Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Questionable Content - webcomic

I recently became addicted to the webcomic "Questionable Content" ( a title that doesn't really describe the comic). I spent two days, non-stop, reading the entire archive. *

It gets better with time, in both in art and in humor. It's kind of a soap opera for male dorks (I guess, since I am one and I like it). The initial premise is a young male geek that befriends an interesting but troubled young coffee shop barrista. Everyone is into "indie" music, but if (like me) you don't care for indie music, you can ignore most of the references. What holds one's interest in this strip, is the interesting characters, presented in such a way that you develop a caring relationship with them and can't wait to see what will happen with them next.

Not as good as Doonebury, Bloom County, etc, but not far off from them either. A bit of a comic version of Friends or Coupling.

*There is a number gap about 2/3 of the way through the archives and a little manipulation of the URL is required to continue through the gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment